Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mt Vernon - Home of George Washington

Visiting my daughter and son-in-law AND my new granddaughter in Virginia last week, I took a little time to see some of the sights. I'm reading a book on John Adams right now and am learning for the first time really, just what an amazing man he was. While in the mood for founding fathers, I visited Mt Vernon, the home of our first president. I've been here before and felt an almost spiritual reverence as I toured the grounds and in particular the room where this singular man passed away, at the relatively young age of 67. I'm editing some images from his estate and will be adding them to my collection (hopefully ready to come out before Christmas).



I have a panoramic shot of the view of the Potomac River from the other side of the house and hopefully I'll get that edited and posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.