Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hayli - before and after (sort of)

I'd been meaning to edit another image from Hayli's senior photo session so this afternoon I did. Later in the day, my friend Adam Devaney, a very talented graphic artist and film maker, was over and I invited him show me a few things on the computer. So, here's my photographic record of Hayli (which I think is already pretty nice) and Adam's interpretation (which I think is very very cool).

It was fun to invite Hayli and her mother to come by tonight and show them what we'd been up to. Adam is available to tweak my portraits; let me know if you want to be "tweaked". Hope that doesn't mean anything unsavory - I'm too old to keep up on what means what these days.


5 comments:

  1. Ha ha...that is awesome! I like it a lot. Both versions are very good. How long does it take to do something like that from the version you had. Well let me ask the more correctly. How long did it take Adam to get to his version from yours. I sure hope that one day I can do some graphics editing like that.

    Oh... I didn't get that lens yet. I was just using a friends. I will wait for the new one to come out and snag it shortly after the new year if things go well. Until then I will rent it if I need one.

    Best Wishes,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam spent over an hour on this, but he was working on my machine which is set up differently than his. Part of the time was taken up in getting the inspiration to flow. He could have done it in half the time on his own equipment. Oh, and he's left handed - that is always a handicap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cool. Makes me think seriously about getting trained in graphic design. Since I've started the whole photo adventure I've really found an intrest in editing and design. Inspriration- Does Adam have a website or blog I can follow to see more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I don't think Adam keeps a web site. His work is mostly for large graphics companies (Disney, Pixar, etc). He also illustrates books. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/BookSearch/results.asp?ATH=Adam+Devaney. He is a principal in a movie production company too. http://www.brothers-ink.com/. His main claim to fame is that he was one of my scouts when he was 14.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.