Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Posing tips

Girls, to look your best in a photo, turn your head slightly to the camera, hiding one ear. If you part your hair on one side, turn that side to the camera. Have the camera slightly above your head - so you're looking up just a little. Smile slightly, let's see some teeth (unless the photo is for your parents, then smile big and show lots of teeth). Don't purse your lips, its unnatural and not generally considered attractive. Similarly, don't try to widen your eyes either, that will make the photo look contrived and distract from your natural beauty. Whatever you have two of, tilt to different levels (eyes, shoulders, hips, etc.) Put your weight on your back leg, slightly bending the leg closest to the camera. Turn slightly to the camera so one shoulder is closer than the other. Above all, relax - in the hands of a pro, the camera is your friend.

3 comments:

  1. Spot on! I wish I could remember them all when actually posing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I am horrible at posing people. I really need to work at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tips, If I don't look 50 pounds lighter in my next photo I'll be MAD! Your the best!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.