Friday, August 21, 2009

Janette & Seth

I was so impressed with this couple - they're probably tired of me telling about it. However, you don't know the story. We were down at the temple early in the morning (around 6:30 AM) to beat the heat. Well, it started raining - you might imagine how a young couple, particularly a pretty young bride might react to that. Not them. They were totally easy with the tough situation. Janette took the lead and set everyone at ease. We started on the lawn; me setting up the shot and calling them in just for a quick shot and then back to hide from the rain. The first shot is the one way below, with the umbrella turning inside out - it's my latest favorite shot.

The weather finally settled down and we had a nice cloud cover for the rest of the shoot. That only turned the hot August Arizona day into a real sweat box. I'd send the couple in to temple to cool down and they'd come out smiling, ready for their next closeup. It was great to work with them - I wish them all the best.

It's now 2:06 AM and I'm going to give it a rest for the night. I don't know who else might be up this time of the day (or is it night?), but I'll bet someone is. I think I'll treat myself to a couple of cookies and then hit the rack. I'll try to get a few more shots here in the morning (later today...) and then put their proofs up on the web for them. Enjoy...

OK, I know I should stop editing these photos, but this one has been on my mind and I just had to come in from mowing the lawn and give the umbrella its original color. I made this one a little larger so you may be able to see the priceless expressions on their faces. I promise to stop now. I've got another bride who is anxious to see her photos. (11:33 AM - 8/25/09)





This is it, my latest favorite shot. It tells the story. You really need to see this one full size, their expressions are priceless.

8 comments:

  1. The last one is great! Great looking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up feeding the baby. 2am and I are great friends these days. I love the last shot. That one needs to be blown up in their house. Awesome job as always Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one. Good set though. As far as the second one goes, I like the BW/color story. Hopefully she prevales and enlightens his world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when people get it. I think you're the first to comment on the symbolic intent. Perhaps it's because of our similar genetic makeup, or perhaps because we're both the beneficiaries of colorful partners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so happy with these photos! Neither Janette or Seth like getting their picture taken but you really made them feel comfortable and you captured their personalities. I can't wait to pick my favorite photos--starting with the Red Umbrella Picture--LOVE IT! Janette's Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were really happy with all the photos! Janette and Seth do not like getting their pictures taken but you were able to really bring out their personalities. I can't wait to pick my favorites. The red umbrella is first on my list! LOVE IT! Janette's mom!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.