Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mesa Temple at sunset, with a full moon.

I sill have a few to edit, but I know a nice young couple that I met at the temple along with a certain outstanding photographer here in town are expecting to see these posted tonight. This type of photography is something I'm still learning about and good photographs begin in the camera. I'll probably have a few more posted before I hang it up tonight.




This one looks a little soft here, but you should see the 13x19 I made for myself.

I'm leaving this one here at the end because it has some serious problems. I like the concept but the execution was lacking. I left in the lens flare and the track that the jet left as it approached Sky Harbor. It's kind of cool, but next time I'll wait until all celestial objects have passed. On the original (I scale these way down) you can see stars in the sky.

What do you think about the lens flare though? I notice that more and more photographers are leaving that in, calling it "intentional".

Finally, if that young couple who brought their kids to the temple for some hand's on learning tonight ever finds this post, send me a note, I'd like to say hi.

3 comments:

  1. Bruce your temple Photos are seriously the best I have seen. I am not just saying that...I have looked at some of the other temple photos out there..and your's are the best.

    The lens flare I think looks okay sometimes. when I get them it was on accident though. I like the photos without the lens flare better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Occasionally I like a lens flare, but usually I don't. And sometimes, people go way too far with it, and I can't even look at the photo, it's like looking into the sun :-) Love these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you do the lens flare? I like the glow it gives... that's what you're talking about right? The Hawaii temple is painted white again and I want to get some of it soon!
    I love the intensity of the colors in that second to last one :)
    and the cactus view is beautiful... made me almost miss AZ :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.