Saturday, December 19, 2009

Denver Colorado Temple

The Denver Temple - I flew into town, grabbed a rental car and drove out to the temple. I had 45 minutes to shoot the temple and then hurry back to the airport to grab another flight to another town to shoot another temple. I remember this trip - nine temples in five states in four days.

At the risk of some horn-tooting, let me show you the before and after of this particular image. The first one is right out of the camera, the second one is after some serious editing. I do this for a couple of reasons. First to assure my customers that I do know a little about editing images, second, to convince folks that you DO want your photos edited, and third, you DO want a seasoned professional photographer to get it right for you.

Now, don't be the first to say they don't see any differences between the two images. It's 12:15 in the morning and sitting in my editing chair for so long this evening I'm loosing feeling in my left leg and I'm hearing songs for the second and third time on Pandora (send me your email address and I'll send you my very cool and highly enhanced Shannon Hurley Pandora station).

Everyone's gone to bed (again) and the place is dark and still. I do it because I love it. I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labors. I enjoy bringing it to you.

As always - click to enlarge.







4 comments:

  1. 3&4 are my favorite. The composition is off the hook. I love the way the image flows...if that makes sense. The road, the sky and the trees all gently draw your eyes to the Moroni. I can spot good composition...I just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute, you are adding more as I write my post. Now my favorites are the last two, not 3&4, The ones with the fountain are also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Josh. I started to write about how I combined several images to deal with a tricky lighting situation, then I remembered I'm talking to the king of HDR. This was actually an HDR effort.

    The driveway was incredibly cracked and patched too. I am surprised that the temple let it get that bad. I had to fix all the cracks as they were exacerbated by increasing the contrast.

    The perspective also took a little fiddling. I had to deal with a very bad parallax problem. Got a nifty way of making parallel walls parallel again after being mangled by a 17mm lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I's have to agree with you edited photos are so much better!!! I love the color of #2 and the composition on 5/6 is fantastic it really does lead you upward. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.