Thursday, January 7, 2010

My new friend Stu

I have a good story to tell. If you read it, read it to the end - there is a happy ending.

Stuff like this doesn't happen very often. Early this year I purchased a very nice tripod from Midwest Photo Exchange at the Imaging 2009 convention in Phoenix. I drove in - next time I go I'll take the Valley Light Rail...

Within a couple of uses one of the legs on the tripod would not extend. I emailed the company twice about it, but received no reply. Bummer. A few times since them, I warned people away from the company.

Fast forward to yesterday...

In response to an email advertisement I received, I sent a note to the company indicating my sad experience with them and that I could not recommend them either to my fellow photographers or my photo students. Interestingly my email went to the owner of the company, Stu, who replied to me. Several email messages were exchanged and Stu was very apologetic and sorry for my misfortune. The proof of his sincerity was in his sending me a replacement tripod, no questions asked, no receipt needed.

Needless to say, I am very impressed. Poor customer service seems to be a hallmark of the Internet culture. This is not the case with Midwest Photo Exchange as I have been happy to discover.

My new friend Stu shared his personal email address with me and has asked that I share it with my friends and students, who are encouraged to contact him directly with photo equipment needs. I believe that he is a good person and that my previous experience was an anomaly.

Add Midwest Photo Exchange to your list of preferred vendors (www.mpex.com) and send Stuart a note if you need something. He may be able to help you out, particularly if you are a friend of mine.

Stuart Appelbaum: stu@mpex.com

It feels good to have a nice story to report.

Cheers.
Bruce

1 comment:

  1. I bought a few things from them and thought they had great prices. I am glad to hear how this worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
Here is where I post images from recent shoots and occasional personal info that I like to share with my friends. I will slowly add photos from old shoots as I have time. Check back from time to time to see what's new. Call or email if you'd like to chat about a photo opportunity. If you've come to visit, please just leave a brief comment. You don't have to like the photos, just let me know you were here. I'd really appreciate it.